This talk is based upon a chapter in my book, Face-to-Face: The Women Who Met Jesus and centers on Martha and Mary, two sisters from Bethany who were great friends of Jesus.
Whenever Jesus was in the neighborhood, he would stay at the house of these two sisters. Their encounters are an inspiration to all women as Jesus reveals great spiritual truths to them, which was against society and the law.
In this talk, you will learn:
- What life was like for women in 33 AD.
- Who Martha and Mary were in relationship to Jesus.
- What this story reveals about God’s heart towards women.
- How Jesus broke societal and religious rules regarding women.
- How choosing “what is better” brings freedom to women.
This talk can fill a 20-minute, 45-minute or a 60-minute time requirement.
Comments from the audience:
“Wish I’d heard this years ago.”
“. . . completely undone by the power of your words.”
If you want to learn more about Martha and Mary, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule this talk.